Maple Glazed Pork Medallions with Apples
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red apple, cored and cut into thick slices
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut tenderloin into generous 1 inch medallions. Combine salt, pepper and sage. Sprinkle medallions with seasonings.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat. Sear meat until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pork to a plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add shallots and sauté until golden. Add the mushrooms and apples and sauté until mushrooms are soft.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the glaze: beef stock, maple syrup and cider vinegar. Pour glaze ingredients into sauté pan. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add pork and any accumulated juices to the pan. Cook pork in the simmering sauce for 5-8 minutes, flipping once (final internal temperature should be 145 degrees).
- Serve on top of brown rice or egg noodles.
Marcel's Culinary Experience http://www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com/