Events + Happenings
Happy Thanksgiving! We hope you all have a relaxing and delicious Thanksgiving with your friends and family – and remember, as Chef Kelly always says, it’s not about what’s on your table, it’s about who’s around it.
We know you’re busy so we’re going to keep it to the point this week – here are the important updates!
- Have you seen the gorgeous Party Boards coming out of Marché? They are truly spectacular — it’s not too late to order one for your Thanksgiving day! And you can do it online — get all the details here.
- Earn double M Rewards points for all cookware, bakeware, and cutlery purchases Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week!
- It’s a week to watch your email: Monday we’ll send you a list of all the cookware and cutlery special offers that will have your kitchen humming for Thanksgiving; Wednesday we’ll have a special announcement about what’s happening at Marcel’s on Black Friday. You’ll want to make us your first stop!
- You know you need your knives sharpened — why not donate to a good cause while getting them in shape? Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday this week we will donate all proceeds from Knife Sharpening to the Glen Ellyn Food Pantry. And Wednesday we will sharpen your knives while you wait! $4 per blade, no serrated or scissors, please.
- Classes for January, February, and March 2016 are online and open for registration! As always, we have a great line-up and the seats are filling fast and furious so make sure to take a look and get your spots reserved.
- Join us for the Glen Ellyn Holiday Walk on Friday from 5 – 9 pm. We will continue our tradition of roasted tomato soup and mini-grilled cheese sandwiches with homemade Christmas cookies and hot cider. It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
- Saturday is Small Business Saturday and the day to show your local businesses some love! Downtown Glen Ellyn is filled with shops that exist only because our customers understand the value of personal service, unique products, and knowledgeable staff. Shop your local merchants on Saturday and when your friends tell you they’re going to the mall or shopping online, encourage them to Shop Small!
Here’s what’s happening in Marcel’s kitchen this week:
Tuesday, November 24th 11:00 am – 2:00 pm Free Demo Diane’s Seared Cauliflower with Olives and Breadcrumbs
Friday, November 27th 5:00 – 9 pm Glen Ellyn Holiday Walk presented by the Glen Ellyn Chamber of Commerce
Saturday, November 28th 6:30 – 9:00 pm Hands On Tree Trimming Party with Chef Kelly Sears $80 Sold Out
Come Cook Create and Celebrate at Marcel‘s!